- Energy Audits
- Heating, Ventilation & Cooling
- Air Sealing
- Water Heaters
- Solar Thermal
- Contractors and Architects
- Rebates & Financing
- Building Science
Energy Efficient Mortgages
Up to $25,000 Available to Finance Energy Upgrades
An Energy Efficient Mortgage (EEM) provides additional money for energy efficiency upgrades to an existing home at the time of a new purchase or home refinancing. EEMs are not separate mortgages but rather an easy add-on to existing mortgages designed to fund home energy upgrade work. Energy upgrades which can be included in an EEM include: insulation, heating and cooling upgrades, duct system replacement, energy efficient windows replacement.
Energy Efficient Mortgage Benefits:
- The Seller makes their home more attractive to potential home buyers with value added upgrades.
- Realtors benefit by turning a home’s disadvantages (high utility bills) into an advantage (efficiency savings on utility bills and a more comfortable home).
- The Home Buyer receives the biggest benefits by saving more money per month than the initial energy upgrades cost and they get the best benefit of all: a more comfortable and healthier home for their families.
EEM for New Home Buyers
If you are in the market for a new home and are looking at homes older than 1978, then the energy efficient mortgage is the perfect means to fund an energy upgrade project at the time of sale. This means the energy upgrade will be completed before you move into your new home and you can begin enjoying the benefits of a more comfortable home combined with decreased utility bills. Ask your realtor or mortgage broker for how to get involved with energy efficient mortgages.
Here is a video by Go Green Lending, a leading processor of Energy Efficient Mortgages which explains the process for Home Buyers:
EEM for Realtors
Energy Efficient Mortgages provide a means to make an older home you are trying to sell much more attractive to homebuyers. Energy efficiency and green building practices are becoming much more important to homeowners around the world. In a recent study from the National Association of Realtors 39% of new home buyers said heating and cooling costs were “very important” in their decision making process of selecting homes.
The energy efficient mortgage can be the perfect product to offer prospective home buyers looking
Here is a video for realtors on EEM: